Joomla is a content management system (CMS) that was released in 2005. Since then it has grown to become the second most used CMS behind WordPress. It is usually described as being somewhere between WordPress and Drupal on the scale of user friendliness. It is a little more difficult than WordPress to figure out, but it does offer some bonuses. The following list is not a comparison between CMSs. The things that are great about Joomla may be found in other CMSs as well, but here are five great things about Joomla:
- Large community – this is great if you have a question. There a a lot of developers out there who will be able to help.
- Over 10,000 extensions – Joomla has a large amount of free extensions. You will most likely be able to find an extension that fits the needs of your website.
- Open Source – Joomla is open source software. This means that it is free, and it is continually being worked on to make it better.
- Built in multi-lingual support – Joomla can handle a variety of languages. This feature is especially important if your site caters to a multilingual audience.
- E-Commerce – Joomla make it easy to build an e-commerce site to sell your products, receive donations, or hold online auctions.
When deciding what CMS is right for you, remember that one size does not fit all. Some web designers only work with one type of CMS. At Bad Armadillo, we make use of whichever CMS fits your needs. We are experienced with Joomla as well as WordPress and Drupal. Our experts can build custom websites, including e-commerce features, and provide professional search engine optimization (SEO) services, using any of the top CMSs. For more information please see our CMS page or contact us.