Many of our clients have a website with a blog. In fact, we highly recommend it. It helps you to communicate with customers, keep your website content fresh, and most likely will help with search engine rankings. Most companies chose to hire dedicated, expert writers to blog for them. This is usually a smart, cost effective option, especially for small business owners who do not have the time to spend on learning how to blog effectively. But what if you wanted to add your own blog post to the company website? This guide will take you though that process step by step.
Assuming you have a WordPress website or blog, the following list will walk you through, step by step, the process of posting a blog. If your blog is not managed through WordPress, please contact a Bad Armadillo representative for more information.
Steps To Posting A Blog
- Log In. You will need to get to the login screen. You may need to type something like this www.example.com/wp-admin. Once you get there, enter your username and password.
- Find the post screen. You should now be looking at a screen called the “Dashboard.” On the left hand side there will be a menu. Place your mouse over the word “Posts” near the top of that menu. Click the option to add a new post when it appears.
- Add a title. You will now be at a screen with a small text box at the top. Put the title of your post in this box.
- Write the post. The large text box in the middle of the page functions in a way similar to basic word processing software. Write your post in this box and click “save draft.” (It should be near the top of the page on the right hand side.)
- Preview. Before you post your blog, you should make sure it looks good. Click the “preview” button near the “save draft” button you clicked in the previous example.
- Publish. If everything looks alright, it’s time to publish your blog. You can do this by clicking on the blue “Publish” icon on the right hand side of your screen.
Posting a blog with WordPress is as simple as that. Please see our article on business blog writing for more information. There are many other features that can be used for your blog. We encourage you to check back in the near future for even more great business blogging tips.